Effective January 1, 2020
This Policy applies to our websites, products, services, software, or applications (including LoJack and Synovia branded products, services, software and applications) (“apps”) on which we post a direct link to this Policy or refer to within this Policy (collectively the “Services”). This Policy covers only data collected through the Services and not any other data collection or processing, including, without limitation, data collection practices of other services that maintain their own, separate privacy policies. Occasionally, we refer to this Policy in relation to surveys and special-purpose web pages, for example, our Careers web pages; under such circumstances, this Policy applies as modified in the particular notice or consent request (e.g., with respect to types of data collected or purposes of collection).
Types of Data and Collection Methods
We collect a variety of personal data through the means described below. You have choices about the data we collect. When you are asked to provide data to us, you may choose not to. But if you decline to provide data, your ability to use the applicable Services may be diminished or restricted.
- Data you submit. We collect your name, email address(es), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and data related to the business you represent when you request information from us, register, order a Service, or otherwise intentionally send us such information. In connection with chargeable Services, we will also collect payment information (e.g., credit card number and related verification data), phone number, and billing and shipping addresses.
- Data we automatically collect from our websites. When you visit one of our websites, we collect general data from your computer or mobile device such as your browser type, operating system, IP address, and the domain name from which you accessed the site; and, if you are accessing our site with your mobile device, the type of mobile device. In addition, we collect data about how you use our websites, such as the date and time you visit the site, the areas or pages of the site that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the site, the number of times you return to the site, and other click-stream data.
- Software and apps: We create a variety of software and apps that may help improve performance and security of our Services, or offer other benefits.
- SureDrive™ and Stolen Vehicle Recovery (“SVR”): Our SureDrive mobile application Service includes a telematics device installed on a vehicle that communicates insightful information to the SureDrive mobile app, including: CrashBoxx™ Instant Crash Alerts; Tripwire™ Early Warning; stolen vehicle location assist; setting virtual boundaries (notifications when a driver arrives at their destination; ‘Where’s My Car?’ (which pinpoints the vehicle on the map); and setting speed alerts. When SureDrive is installed in your car, information is collected about your vehicle (including make, model, color, year and vehicle identification number, speed, and location. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information may be shared when it is necessary to provide various SureDrive Services, such as alerting emergency personnel of your location if a crash is detected, or helping authorities locate your vehicle if you report it stolen. SureDrive information may also be used on its own or in combination with other CalAmp information about you to determine aggregate insights about our users. SVR Services are directly integrated with state and local law enforcement when your vehicle is reported stolen, and radio frequency tracks your vehicle. Information that identifies your vehicle and other personal information will be shared when it is necessary to provide SVR Services.
- Here Comes The Bus® : Our Here Comes the Bus mobile application and website are available to parents in school districts that have contracted with Synovia and make Here Comes The Bus available to parents in their district. When Here Comes The Bus is downloaded to your smartphone, tablet or computer, information is collected about you such as name, email address and the student’s name, address, school system ID, bus stop name, school and grade. Information that identifies the bus stop location and student’s school allows parents to determine the time of arrival of the bus at the student’s bus stop or school through geolocation tracking of the student’s school bus or transportation vehicle.
Collection Purposes, Use of Data
We collect and process personal data about you with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests. The purposes for which we collect and use data include:
- To respond to the request that you sent us such as your request for information, or your request to purchase or subscribe to a Service;
- To provide, manage, maintain, and secure the Services you request;
- To operate and improve our business, including to administer, protect, and improve our Services and our systems, to develop new products and services, and for other internal business purposes;
- To better understand the preferences of the users of our Services, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and help personalize your experience of our website and Services;
- To provide you with information about our technologies, Service releases, news, and other communications; and
- Any other use we describe in this Policy or at the point where we collect the data.
To achieve these purposes, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may combine the various types of data that we collect from different sources.
Where We Store and Process Data
We store and process data in the United States and on servers around the world, including, without limitation, the European Economic Area. Wherever we store or process personal data pursuant to this Policy, we take measures to ensure that the data is processed in accordance with this Policy and in compliance with applicable law.
California Residents and the California Consumer Privacy Act
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights regarding their personal information such as:
- The Right to Know – the right to know the specific pieces of personal information we collect, sell to third parties and disclose for business purposes, upon your request
- The Right to Delete – the right to delete personal information you provide to us
- The Right to Opt-Out – the right to opt out of our sale of personal information to third parties
- The Right to Notice at Collection – you have the right to notice of the categories of personal information collected from you and how they are used
- The Right to Be Free from Discrimination – you have the right not to be discriminated against based on exercise of your rights under the CCPA
Categories of personal information under the CCPA that may be collected by us for LoJack branded Services, including in the last 12 months:
|Categories of information collected||Sources – how this information is collected||How we use the information collected from sources||Services that use the information that is collected||Who we disclose the category to for business purposes||Who we may sell collected information to|
|Name and personal identifiers, like your physical and email address||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased||To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you, and to improve our Services||SureDrive and LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System||We share this data with our service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to||We don’t sell this category of information|
|Other information about you, like phone number||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased||To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you, and to improve our Services||SureDrive and LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System||We share this data with our service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to||We don’t sell this category of information|
|Commercial information, like records of products purchased and vehicle information (make, model, year, and VIN)||You and possibly the dealership where vehicle was purchased||To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you and to improve our Services||SureDrive and LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System||We share this data with our service providers and other business partners||We may sell VINs to data service providers for commercial purposes. We don’t sell other commercial information|
|Internet or other electronic network activity, like account password||You||To provide our Services to you, improve our Services and to understand the preferences of our users, compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services, and enhance our users’ experience of our website and Services||SureDrive||We don’t share this information||We don’t sell this category of information|
|Geolocation||From the SureDrive device installed in your vehicle||To provide our Services to you and to compile aggregated statistics about usage of our Services||SureDrive||We share this data with service providers, including those that you instruct us to send this information to||We don’t sell this category of information|
Categories of personal information under the CCPA that may be collected by us for Synovia branded Services, including in the last 12 months:
|Categories of information collected||Sources – how this information is collected||How we use the information from sources||Services that use the information collected||Who we disclose the category for business purposes||Who we may sell collected information to|
|Name and personal identifiers, like your physical and email address and student ID||Parent in a school district that subscribes to the service and the school district that subscribes to the Service||To provide our Services||Here Comes the Bus||We share this data with service providers||We don’t sell this category of information|
|Other information about you, like phone number, bus stop name, and school and grade of student||Parent in a school district that subscribes to the service and the school district that subscribes to the Service||To provide our Services||Here Comes the Bus||We share this data with service providers||We don’t sell this category of information|
|Internet or other electronic network activity, like account password||Parent in a school district that subscribes to the service||To provide our Services, and enhance our users’ experience of our website and Services||Here Comes the Bus||We share this data with service providers||We don’t sell this category of information|
If you are a California resident and want to make a request and/or opt out of the selling of personal information to third parties under the CCPA, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org/ or visit https://www.calamp.com/privacy/do-not-sell-my-personal-information/.
Disclosures of Personal Data
We access your personal data within CalAmp and share data with third party vendor or service providers that process the data on our behalf for the purposes set forth in this Policy. We may also offer training or other services to the employees and workers of our business customers. In such cases, we may share data relating to the use of our training and other services with the identified business customers for their business use. We may also share your data as required by law or in the interest of protecting or exercising our or others’ legal rights, e.g., without limitation, in connection with requests from law enforcement officials and in connection with court proceedings. We may share or transfer your data in connection with a prospective or actual sale, merger, transfer or other reorganization of all or parts of our business. Finally, we may also share your personal data where you have granted us permission.
- Opt-In/Out. We offer you the ability to opt-in or opt-out of data collection, use, or sharing. If you wish to opt-out, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
- Access. If you would like to access your personal data that we maintain, or the personal data you have submitted is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below. If you need to correct your personal data, we reserve the right to use data obtained previously to verify your identity.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signals sent by web browsers. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT signals should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties that receive them. However, you may use a variety of other means of controlling data collection and use, including cookie controls in your browser settings and the personalized advertising controls described in the Cookies section above.
We retain personal data while your account is active, or as needed to provide you Services. We will delete personal data within a reasonable time after the data is no longer necessary for the business purpose for which it was collected. We will, however, retain and use personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Transmissions over the Internet are never 100% secure or error-free. However, we take reasonable steps to protect your data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. It is your responsibility to safeguard your passwords and User IDs and to notify us using one of the Contact methods listed below if you ever suspect that your password or User ID for one of our Services has been compromised. You are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of our Services conducted via your password and User ID.
Our Services are not directed at children under the age of 13. We do not intentionally or knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any personal data to us.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last updated. If we change the Policy in a material way, we will provide appropriate online notice to you at least 30 days in advance and/or obtain your express consent as required by law. When you visit our websites or use our Services, you are accepting the current version of this Policy. We recommend that users revisit this Policy on occasion to learn of any changes.
To contact us, send us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at CalAmp Corp., Attn. Privacy Counsel, 15635 Alton Parkway, Suite 250, Irvine, California, U.S.A. 92618